Nick Rose Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NickRose
Admin
http://NickRose.forumotion.com

Gene's Offeason/Prep Empty Gene's Offeason/Prep

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 pm
INTRO

OK guys. So here is the forum. We'll do our check ins here. Its a much better way to monitor progress and changes over time. Phone check ins with pics and weights are not going to cut it anymore. As I've told all of you at one time, as you get more advanced, its the details that matter. Working hard, being consistent, and following the plan now isn't something to celebrate. At this point for you and all your competition those are all expected. Those all come second nature with an extra thought. Anyone not already doing that for quite some time now gets left behind before even thinking about trying to step up to the next level. Now EVERYONE works hard, EVERYONE is consistent, EVERYONE is following the plan. So naturally, its not going to be those things that set you apart to succeed over your competition. Those things may separate the average aspiring Joe from the rest of the crowd and that's great and all, but those things are not going to set you apart when everyone around you already does those things to the max without even thinking about it or even trying because those things have already been muscle memory to them for years.

NOW what is going to set you apart is who can work smarter, who puts more attention into the details. Look at anyone who is a master of their craft, be it painter, carpenter, architect, or martial artist. What makes them the best? I'll tell you. Its the amount of detail they put into their work. They put detail into areas of their work that others don't even look at or wouldn't have thought of putting detail. That's us now! That's you guys!

Its not going to be on you guys to just put attention into detail in the areas and things I tell you. Your mind needs to be actively seeking out things that you may have not thought about. Question things. Think about things. Try to figure out answers on your own first, then ask to see if you were on the right train of thought with coming up with the answer. We'll help each other learn. Gene, you've worked out with me. In that short time I hope I've given you even a glimpse into some of the little things I say to think about while executing that may otherwise be looked over and seem insignificant. But bringing it to attention and changing a very small detail can produce an outcome that is felt many magnitudes greater than the effort put into it. Because like an artist or carpenter, the little detail generated a result that amplified the final whole product; be it a pull down or a bench press. Now our goal is to put those details into our diet, workouts, timing of foods, supplements, and even into how we check in.

The more detail I demand of you guys, even for check-ins, is going to require more mental effort of you. Its going to require you to be more attentive and focused on your own body and changes. Initially you will be doing it just so you can report back to me the things I request, but as it becomes more natural and second nature to be in tune and attentive to those details, you will start to understand your body and understand what causes things to change and why. You'll know if you do X then your body will respond and produce Y. Why is this important to you? Because knowledge is power. I want to coach/guide you guys, but I also want to show you guys the whys and the hows and teach you to be in tune with your own bodies so you become more confident in to making your own calls if you had to. Even all knowing bodybuilders and well known coaches still typically hire their own coach. No matter how much you know, there is still more to learn. So the goal is not to do this so you can be coach-less some day, but just so you can be a step closer at mastering your craft and really that even makes you more coachable. The less someone has to micromanage your instructions, the more they can trust you are doing the right thing and allows the coach to put more of his efforts and energies into other areas.
NickRose
Admin

Gene's Offeason/Prep Empty Re: Gene's Offeason/Prep

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 am
Check-in Format

You guys will copy and paste this for your weekly or biweekly check-ins. I know some of this I can just reference to for the big plan I laid out. I want you guys to reiterate every check in what you are doing so I know YOU know.

Day/Date:
Time of pics/weight:

Week # (according to the big ass on season/offseaon plan I laid out for you):

(all weights are first thing am; DRY)
Current weight:
Last week's highest weight:
Last week's lowest weight:

Current Daily Macros Totals (Protein: Carbs: Fats: ):

Current Cardio (what days of the week/When/What kind/How long):

Current weekly/daily dosages of drugs (Hormone's, GH, Thyroid, Fat burners, anti-estrogens):

Notes on self (Brief notes on hunger, energy, mood, motivation, digestion, nagging pains/injuries, etc... anything worth noting/anything different than normal wether positive or negative):

Notes on training (Any positive/negative notes on strength, progress, performance, etc... note what training has been i.e. Mountain dog program # and which week you are on, day of week you trained this week):

Progress Pics (Front/side/back shots one of each relaxed and one of each posing. Be consistent on WHEN you take the pics, and WHERE so lighting and everything are the same. You want lots of light. Not shadowing that makes you look better. Take pics before training when you are flat. Not after when you are pumped. You can do some non-check in pics post workout for fun/posing practice. Progress pics goals are to make you look as good as possible at your worse. If you can look good like that, then you'll look great when we tan you and pump you up on stage.):
gzuccherino

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 am
Day/Date: 11/12/17
Time of pics/weight: 184

Week # (according to the big ass on season/offseaon plan I laid out for you):

(all weights are first thing am; DRY)
Current weight: 184
Last week's highest weight: 184.5
Last week's lowest weight: 183.2

Current Daily Macros Totals (Protein: Carbs: Fats: ): total grams of carbs 310

Current Cardio (what days of the week/When/What kind/How long): None

Current weekly/daily dosages of drugs (Hormone's, GH, Thyroid, Fat burners, anti-estrogens):

Test 1.2 ML Monday & Thursday( in two weeks my Test will drop to .5 ML Mondays & Thursdays)

Anastrozole :1MG once per week

Nature Thyroid: 1 tab daily morning

HGH : 2IU before workout and 2iU ate afternoon

In three weeks I will start the Ment .6M everyday

In two weeks I will start the Tamoxifen ( I will need to put in an order for this)

Notes on self (Brief notes on hunger, energy, mood, motivation, digestion, nagging pains/injuries, etc... anything worth noting/anything different than normal wether positive or negative):
No change in appetite, some days I am more hungrier than other days, but nothing that water doesn't take care of.

Notes on training (Any positive/negative notes on strength, progress, performance, etc... note what training has been i.e. Mountain dog program # and which week you are on, day of week you trained this week):
I am eleven weeks out before starting my 16 week prep. I am starting week 8 of the mountain dog program.

gzuccherino

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am
Gene's Offeason/Prep Pic_112
Gene's Offeason/Prep Pic_112
Gene's Offeason/Prep Pic212
Gene's Offeason/Prep Pic312
gzuccherino

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 pm
Not sure why the pics are side ways.
NickRose
Admin

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am
This is good Gene. We'll figure out the picture issue. So other updates will be easy. Just copy and paste your previous update, edit the dates and numbers and any details. For the most part your dosages will be about the same until something changes.

For your macros, I want you to know all your macros, not just carbs. Just counting carbs doesn't really mean much. You want to know protein, carbs, fats.
gzuccherino

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 am
okay will do.
Sponsored content